An ornamental and graceful conifer. with feathery foliage and attractive shape. Can be used as a specimen tree, in groves or as a privacy hedge. Also use as a screen for displaying flowers and fall color.
Hardy, fast growing and very shade tolerant.
- Soft feathery needles.
- Displays a distinctive weeping habit when young.
- Tolerant of heavy shearing and pruning.
- Provides important dense summer and winter cover.
- Preferred nest site of many bird species.
- Zone 3 to 7.
- Grows 60 to 80 ft Tall x 25 to 35 ft Wide.
- Moderate to fast growth rate 12 to 18” per year
- Long lived reaching 200 to 450 years
- Prefers cool moist sites with fertile soils.
- Adaptable to pH and soil conditions.
- Very shade tolerant
- Native from Nova Scotia west to Wisconsin south to Delaware and in mountains to Georgia