Low spreading native shrub. Very useful as a tall low-maintenance ground cover and filler plant. Use it for vegetating slopes and hot dry sites like parking islands and median strips. Can grow in the understory of open woodland.
- Clusters of yellow tubular flowers in June-July
- Attractive foliage with arching stems.
- Outstanding fall color.
- Provides dense twiggy cover for wildlife.
- Flowers provide rich nectar for butterflies and insects.
- Useful for restoring disturbed sites and steep dry slopes
- Grows 3 to 4 ft tall and wide
- Adaptable to dry infertile soils.
- Clean pest free foliage
- Spreads by suckering from the root system.
- Full sun to half shade.
- Zone 3 to 7 from Newfoundland south to North Carolina