Very attractive small tree or large multi-stemmed shrub.
Ornamental in four seasons, displaying flowers, foliage, form, fruit and fall color. Has multiple uses in the home landscape. Use as a specimen tree, in the shrub border, in massed groupings, for privacy screening. A must plant for use in bird gardens and natural landscapes. Also well adapted to shade and woodland gardens.
- Creamy flowers borne in broad flat-topped cymes.
- Produces abundant flowers in May with fruit in Sept.
- Architecturally interesting horizontal layered branching pattern. Outstanding fall color display.
- Small fruits are important for migrating song birds.
- A superb multi-purpose tree for attracting wildlife.
- Provides habitat in the forest under-story and edge.
- Zone 4 to 7
- Grows 10-25ft Tall x 6-15ft Wide
- Medium to fast growth rate.
- Good disease and pest resistance.
- Full sun to half shade.
- Prefers moist fertile soils but adaptable to soil and pH.
- Native from Nova Scotia south to Florida.