A small ornamental maple native to the Northwest.
Comparable in leaf, form and fall color to Japanese maple but much hardier. Use as a specimen tree near a patio or courtyard. Also useful planted in the shade or understory of taller trees.
- Artistic natural form and branching pattern.
- Maple shaped leaves similar to Japanese maple.
- Exceptional fall color, yellow, orange and red.
- Zone 5 to 9
- Grow 10 to 20ft Tall x 10 to 15 ft Wide.
- Slow to medium growth rate, 1 to 1 1/2 ft per year.
- Prefer moist well drained soils with circumneutral pH
- Full sun to moderate and even deep shade.
- Best fall color will develop if given afternoon shade.
- Performs best if given some afternoon shade and kept from exposed windy sites.
- Native to states of Washington, Oregon and California.